The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian app for iPhone and iPod Touch just went live. I must say, it’s totally great. You can buy it here, browse the full family of How to Cook Everything apps here, or keep reading for details other than “it’s totally great.” If you already have, and love the book, this app will become it’s well-traveled companion.
From the press release:
Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything Vegetarian is now available as an app for iPhone and iPod Touch. This seminal work contains more than 2,000 meatless recipes and variations—plus ample cooking, shopping, and ingredient information—making this app every bit as useful as its predecessors, How to Cook Everything for iPhone and iPad.
Like the incredibly popular How to Cook Everything apps, which have had more than half a million downloads, the new app on vegetarian cooking features enhanced search capabilities, shopping lists, timers for every recipe, and featured recipes (updated weekly). Similarly, too, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian can be used anywhere, anytime, online or offline. It’s the ultimate app companion to the ultimate vegetarian cookbook.
Features of the How to Cook Everything Vegetarian app include:
· Intuitive filters that pinpoint searches by multiple ingredients,
techniques, or styles
· Access to how-to illustrations and detailed reference information
· Customizable shopping lists and personalized favorites lists
· Built-in timers and a settings option for integrated metric display
· Cooking inspiration with Bittman’s Picks, Menu Ideas, and weekly new
· Printing and emailing option for recipes and shopping lists