How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, the ultimate vegetarian cookbook—from New York Times columnist and bestselling author Mark Bittman—has more than 2,000 recipes and scores of how-to illustrations.
Based on the cookbook, this Universal app for iPhone and iPad makes delicious meatless and vegan food more accessible than ever, with a cool set of features designed especially for the mobile user. It offers the depth, scope, and portability of the original, bestselling How to Cook Everything app—and it’s all about vegetarian food.
In the app you’ll find:
- The contents of Mark Bittman’s award-winning book, including more than 2,000 meatless recipes and recipe variations—from easy stir-fries, pastas, and veggie burgers to do-it-yourself projects like tofu and cheese from scratch.
- No-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
- Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menu Ideas, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
- Those who are eating vegan will appreciate the more than 900 recipes and variations tagged as vegan, easy to find through search.
- Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
- Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
- Handy built-in timers placed throughout the recipe steps.
- Print recipes and shopping lists, add recipes to calendars, and switch easily between apps.
- Email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
- Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
- Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that’s your preference.
- Access anytime, anywhere: All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection.