Includes 1,000 photos, 185 recipes, tons of kitchen tips, audio and video clips, and a whole lot more.
- Simple, straightforward, and gorgeously photographed recipes.
- An intuitive learn-as-you-go layout that allows you to pull up how-to demonstrations that expand on techniques used in the recipe.
- Tap-activated audio commentary from Mark.
- Groundbreaking, self-guided classes—each introduced with a video from Mark—that teach kitchen skills by exploring recipes in depth so you can eat while you learn.
- A Basics section with easy-to-access reference that simplifies topics like setting up your pantry and buying and storing seafood.
- A Skills visual index linking to hundreds of demonstrations of core techniques such as “Preparing Chiles,” “Grinding Meat,” and “Crimping the Pie Shut.”
- Extensive linking, making navigation intuitive, whether you’re searching for something specific, or just browsing.
- The ability to make your own recipe notes and take and add photos as you cook, and then share them with friends via Twitter or Facebook.
- A convenient Constant On setting to keep your iPad screen from dimming while you’re working.
- Built-in, step-specific bookmarks and timers to help keep you on track.
- A Favorites folder to organize recipes for later access.
- Customizable shopping lists to make preparation a snap.
- “Beyond the Basics” links after every recipe that connect you to related dishes in other How to Cook Everything apps.
- Fully downloadable! Like all of the How to Cook Everything apps, Basics can be used anywhere, anytime, online or offline.