This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
In the app you’ll find:
- The full content of the multiple-award-winning How to Cook Everything: all 2,000 recipes and variations.
- Bittman’s no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
- Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
- Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow—from any angle.
- Inspiring photos of weekly featured recipes (iPad only).
- Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
- The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump with ease among recipes (iPad only).
- The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric.
- Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps.
- A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad only).
- A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad only).
- Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad only).
- • A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad only).
- The ability to print recipes and shopping lists and to add recipes to calendars.
- The ability to email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
- Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menus, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
- Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
- Owners of the new iPad: this one’s for you. We’ve updated the app to include a full set of retina display graphics and images to take full advantage of your high-resolution screen.
All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection. The How to Cook Everything app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide.